Corporate Training Strategies, OSDC’s Corporate and Workplace Training Division offer tailored self-protection training options to corporations and their staff. Corporations who consider themselves at ‘RISK’ or simply need the confidence to know what to do should an incident ever arise. We can come to you or you can come to us. No matter the field you work in, employee and workplace safety are our #1 priority.
Our job is to make sure that your most valuable asset (you and your employees) – can detect threats, avoid unsafe situations and stay safe both on and off the job. With workplace violence on the rise, business owners have become more aware of protecting themselves and their staff.
Corporate Training Strategies can address any concerns by providing corporate hands-on seminars. Our programs are tailored to the needs of most businesses and service industries. Which include, but not limited to: health care, real estate, sales, reception, night crews, and customer service employees. We have programs for all types of organizations whether large or small. Firstly, effective self-protection is a practical and common-sense necessity in life. Furthermore, it is also an important component in helping to ensure the long-term profitability of your business. It is directly related to making your employees feel more confident, secure, and valued.
Most companies know that they can’t afford to have any of their employees become the victim of violence; whether it happens to be on or off the job. Every person who is a part of your company is valuable and significant to the well being of the company as a whole.
Keeping your employees safe
Violence, whether it happens within the workplace or outside of it, can cause considerable harm. It affects employee morale, increases work-related stress and negatively affects workplace productivity. Additionally it can decrease the overall level of workplace harmony, not to mention the potential human resources and compensation issues. Smart companies know that it is critical to keep their employees safe and healthy. Therefore, implementing things like health and dental insurance, wellness programs, and on-the-job safety training is not just the right thing to do. It directly relates to the best interest of the company’s own fiscal health, longevity, and success.
Our Courses Are Designed To Help Improve Your Company's Bottom Line
Companies whose employees feel that they are very safe at work will typically suffer less stress and have increased confidence. This can translate into less stress-related illnesses, reduced absenteeism, and employee turnover, and decreased time-loss. Along with knowing that you are doing the right thing by taking care of your employees’ needs, your company is also more likely to realize a real and direct financial benefit from bringing in a self-protection consultant to conduct a training program.
Participants are taught basic and practical self-protection skills meant to help one get away safely and as quickly as possible. In addition, the principles of our teachings are based on how to react instinctively without having to think about what to do. The foundation of our teaching method revolves around risk management, threat management, and crisis management.
Similar to other types of insurance, one of the benefits found is in the peace of mind and knowledge that you are protected if something should ever go wrong. Consequently, protection training is necessary to ensure your most valuable asset is protected, yourself. Yet, unlike most insurance policies that are undetectable until damage occurs, the accompanying benefits of providing proactive corporate self-protection training are readily apparent immediately. Hence, we believe defensive and safety skills are required to prevent and survive incidents of violence.
Self-Protection Benefits to Employers
- Firstly, it helps to mitigate the incidence of workplace violence and dissuade workplace violence before it starts.
- Improves employee morale and shows that the company cares for it’s employees.
- Self-protection training is excellent for building workplace unity and enhancing teamwork.
- Employees learn to focus better under pressure, overcome complacency and apathy & increased productivity.
- Lastly, it is a fun workplace activity for your staff and employees, a practical investment for your company, and an innovative idea for staff events and business functions.
Self-Protection Benefits to Employees
- Firstly, it promotes good decision making, a healthy lifestyle, and self-control.
- Employees who feel safe are more confident, less prone to stress, and improves employee discipline, morale, and critical thinking.
- Increases creative problem-solving skills and teaches strategies to overcome obstacles and think “outside the box”.
- Develop and use better interpersonal communication skills, verbal self-protection tactics, and leadership abilities.
- Improves employees focus, concentration, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Lastly, employees experience a greater sense of happiness, peace of mind, confidence, healthy self- esteem, and leadership
The growing incidence of workplace violence globally is distressing, to say the least. The subsequent costs associated with managing the aftermath of workplace violence can be excessive and is largely preventable. Proper foresight and a small investment can help prevent potentially significant financial and personnel losses in the future.
If you do not currently incorporate practical and effective self-protection training as part of your corporate wellness program please call us today to have a friendly no-obligation discussion about your specific needs and answer all your questions and concerns. Contact us or call us today at (905) 410-1237